Your website administration panel (also known as the "back-end" or "admin section") can be accessed by adding /admin to your website URL.
For example, to access the admin panel on https://www.karinericson.ca/, you would enter in your browser:
Accessing your website's admin panel allows you to
- Set up your contact info & social media channel URLs properly
- Manage your listings or projects (and photos/floorplans/videos)
- Make text changes to page title & content
- Swap out photos on pages (where applicable)
- Swap out Youtube/Vimeo videos on custom pages
Tips & Warnings:
These are some tips & tricks based on common problems we saw clients run into, and how to avoid them:
- Please stop using the subdomain URL after launch! During preview/design, we often assign you a temporary subdomain such as bobtherealtor.brixwork.ca, and the login you will use is bobtherealtor.brixwork.ca. Once your site launches, this must be changed to your live URL (www.[yourdomain].com/admin will be the login URL)
- DO NOT ADD THIS TO YOUR BOOKMARKS! While this may sound counterintuitive, you may have to access this from another computer, or maybe you need to upgrade your computers. It's easy enough to get into habit of typing in, and not worth struggling over when on a different workstation.
- DO NOT SAVE THE PASSWORDS on your browsers. While this may seem like an easy solution, often this leads to using the same password too long, or forgetting it after not having to type it out for a while, and results in having to recover & change passwords.